- : An x-ray of blood vessels, which becomes visible after an injection of contrast solution into the circulation that appears on the x-ray film.
* * *Radiographic demonstration of an artery after injection of contrast medium into it. [arterio- + G. gramma, something written]
* * *ar·te·rio·gram är-'tir-ē-ə-.gram n a radiograph of an artery made by arteriography
* * *n.the image produced during arteriography, which is usually stored on photographic film or electronic media.
* * *ar·te·rio·gram (ahr-tērґe-o-gram) [arterio- + -gram] a radiograph of an artery taken during arteriography.
Medical dictionary. 2011.
Look at other dictionaries:
arteriogram — [är tir′ē ō gram΄] n. [ ARTERIO + GRAM] an X ray obtained by arteriography … English World dictionary
arteriogram — noun Etymology: International Scientific Vocabulary Date: 1929 a radiograph of an artery made by arteriography … New Collegiate Dictionary
arteriogram — /ahr tear ee euh gram /, n. an x ray produced by arteriography. [1880 85; ARTERIO + GRAM1] * * * … Universalium
arteriogram — noun An X ray of an artery after injection with a radiopaque material See Also: arteriography … Wiktionary
arteriogram — n. diagram of an artery (Medicine) … English contemporary dictionary
arteriogram — ar·te·ri·o·gram … English syllables
arteriogram — ar•te•ri•o•gram [[t]ɑrˈtɪər i əˌgræm[/t]] n. med an x ray produced by arteriography • Etymology: 1880–85 … From formal English to slang
arteriogram — /aˈtɪərioʊgræm/ (say ah tearreeohgram) noun an X ray of an artery injected with a radiopaque substance. –arteriography, noun … Australian English dictionary
arteriogram — An x ray of arteries; the person receives an injection of a dye that outlines the vessels on an x ray … English dictionary of cancer terms
arteriogram — noun an X ray of an artery filled with a contrast medium • Hypernyms: ↑roentgenogram, ↑X ray, ↑X ray, ↑X ray picture, ↑X ray photograph … Useful english dictionary