- An inflammation of the layer of the eye behind the retina, either in its entirely (multifocal choroiditis) or in patches (focal choroiditis). Usually the only symptom is blurred vision. See also uveitis.
* * *- areolar c. inflammation of the choroid, with prominent pigment proliferation occurring first in the macular region and then more peripherally.- diffuse c. a widespread exudative inflammation of the choroid, with progressive resolution of older lesions as new ones occur.- juxtapupillary c. c. adjacent to the optic disk.- multifocal c. macular, peripapillary, and peripheral c., often designated presumed ocular histoplasmosis.- vitiliginous c. SYN: bird shot retinochoroiditis.
* * *cho·roid·itis .kōr-.ȯi-'dīt-əs, .kȯr- or cho·ri·oid·itis .kōr-ē-ȯi-, .kȯr- n inflammation of the choroid of the eye
* * *n.inflammation of the choroid layer of the eye. It may be inflamed together with the iris and ciliary body, but often is involved alone and in patches (focal or multifocal choroiditis). Vision becomes blurred but the eye is usually painless. See uveitis.
* * *cho·roid·itis (kor″oid-iґtis) [choroido- + -itis] uveitis affecting the choroid, the posterior portion of the uveal tract.
Medical dictionary. 2011.
Look at other dictionaries:
Choroiditis — Classification and external resources ICD 10 H30.9 ICD 9 363.20 … Wikipedia
Choroidītis — Choroidītis, soviel wie Chorioiditis … Meyers Großes Konversations-Lexikon
choroiditis — n. inflammation of the choroid layer of the eye. It may be inflamed together with the iris and ciliary body, but often is involved alone and in patches (focal or multifocal choroiditis). Vision becomes blurred but the eye is usually painless. See … The new mediacal dictionary
choroiditis — /kawr oy duy tis, kohr /, n. Ophthalm. inflammation of the choroid coat. [1875 80; < NL; see CHOROID, ITIS] * * * … Universalium
choroiditis — n. inflammation of the choroid membrane of the eye (Pathology) … English contemporary dictionary
choroiditis — cho·roid·itis … English syllables
exudative choroiditis — choroiditis characterized by scattered patches of an exudate … Medical dictionary
metastatic choroiditis — choroiditis due to metastasis, such as of pyemia or meningitis … Medical dictionary
suppurative choroiditis — choroiditis that leads to the formation of pus … Medical dictionary
FÑ†rster choroiditis (disease) photometer — FÑ†r·ster choroiditis (disease), photometer (furґstər) [Carl Friedrich Richard FÑ†rster, German ophthalmologist, 1825â€“1902] see areolar choroiditis, under choroiditis, and see photoptometer … Medical dictionary