- The study and treatment of heart disorders.
* * *The medical specialty concerned with the diagnosis and treatment of heart disease. [cardio- + G. logos, study]
* * *car·di·o·log·i·cal -ē-ə-'läj-i-kəl adjcar·di·ol·o·gist -ē-'äl-ə-jəst n
* * *n.the science concerned with the study of the structure, function, and diseases of the heart. See also nuclear cardiology.• cardiologist n.
* * *car·di·ol·o·gy (kahr″de-olґə-je) [cardio-(1) + -logy] the study of the heart and its functions.
Medical dictionary. 2011.
Look at other dictionaries:
Cardiology — Cardiology … Википедия
Cardiology — Album par Good Charlotte Sortie 29/10/2010 (France)  Enregistrement Août 2009 – avril 2010 Durée 46:52 Genre … Wikipédia en Français
cardiology — 1847, from CARDIO (Cf. cardio ) + LOGY (Cf. logy). Cardiologist attested from 1885 … Etymology dictionary
cardiology — ► NOUN ▪ the branch of medicine concerned with diseases and abnormalities of the heart. DERIVATIVES cardiological adjective cardiologist noun. ORIGIN from Greek kardia heart … English terms dictionary
cardiology — [kär΄dē äl′ə jē] n. [ CARDIO + LOGY] the branch of medicine dealing with the heart, its functions, and its diseases cardiologist n … English World dictionary
Cardiology — [ ECG indicator; diagrams like this are used in Cardiology.] Cardiology (from Greek gr. καρδίᾱ, kardiā , heart ; and gr. λογία, logia ) is the branch of internal medicine dealing with disorders of the heart and blood vessels. The field is… … Wikipedia
cardiology — cardiologic /kahr dee euh loj ik/, cardiological, adj. cardiologist, n. /kahr dee ol euh jee/, n. the study of the heart and its functions in health and disease. [1840 50; CARDIO + LOGY] * * * Medical specialty dealing with heart diseases and… … Universalium
cardiology — [[t]kɑ͟ː(r)diɒ̱ləʤi[/t]] N UNCOUNT Cardiology is the study of the heart and its diseases … English dictionary
cardiology — n. the science concerned with the study of the structure, function, and diseases of the heart. See also: nuclear cardiology Derivatives: cardiologist n … The new mediacal dictionary
cardiology — noun Etymology: International Scientific Vocabulary Date: 1847 the study of the heart and its action and diseases • cardiological adjective • cardiologist noun … New Collegiate Dictionary